Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Top Ten New Releases - Tuesday, November 30th 2004

1. Placebo - Once More With Feeling CD + Bonus CD
Placebo's Without You I'm Nothing CD was a favorite when it was released back in 1998. I was on holiday in London and heard this on the radio a bunch along with the Manic Street Preachers' This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours CD. I haven't heard any other Placebo releases though, so this "best of" plus bonus CD package should be a good addition to my collection.

2.
V/A - Best Of Hotel Costes CD
I am a big fan of the first seven Hotel Costes CD's and have them all in my collection, so I probably won't pick up this "best of" collection, even though it has some unreleased material on it.

3.
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Down Side Up: B Sides & Rarities CD Box Set

I'm not a huge Siouxsie fan, but I do enjoy the 20 or so songs I have in my collection. This 50+ song box set would be really cool, but it's so expensive as an import now I can't really think about buying it unless a domestic version comes out.

4. Scissor Sisters - Mary CD Single #1
I wouldn't normally include an import CD single with only one new track on it, but it's a slow release week, so I gotta fill a top ten. Only worth getting if you really need the Junkie XL remix of this song.

5.
Mr Brightside (Enhanced-Limited Edition) CD Single
The Killers are one of my favorite new bands of 2004. This CD single includes
a badge, the Josh Harris remix of 'Somebody Told Me', a non-album track, 'Who Let You Go' and the video for 'Mr Brightside'.

That's gonna be it for this week....just can't find anything else good this week. I should have a full top 10 for ya next week. In the meantime, if you need some Christmas music to add to your collection, check out these sites:
Falalalala.com and Basichip.com

No comments: