Friday, November 05, 2004

Friday's Random Thoughts


A church built out of Legos - amazing!


An early Christmas treat from Northwest
garage rock legends - Girl Trouble!
Christmas, Here We Come!


Netflix This Week:

Dawn of the Dead (Widescreen Unrated Director's Cut) DVD
It's rare for me to watch a horror movie these days - I've got a couple of kids and I already went through the period of old school horror classics in the 80's and 90's. I heard a bunch of rave reviews for this one and thought I'd give it a chance - boy, was it mediocre! Boring actors, bad acting, cheezy zombies and over-the-top computer effects...oh, and no storyline whatsoever. I rented Cabin Fever over the summer and it was so much better than this.

Soul Plane (Unrated Mile High Edition) DVD
This movie has exactly one semi-funny scene, when the "soul plane" is first shown. It's painted plush velvet purple, and, get this - it's got chrome spinners on the landing gear and souped-up hydraulics! It's taken my wife three sittings to get through it - she keeps falling asleep!

FahrenHYPE 9/11 DVD
Got it to see how the "dark side" reacted to Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. However, we got it on Wednesday, and with our depression over the election we put it right back in the mailer and sent it back without watching it.


No comments: